Tuesday, April 8, 2008

a real bike rider....................

...........would have been out on the bike today. A bit drippy but REAL bike riders aren't concerned with such things. Bike pansies are though.

I opted for the artificial bike, TV, and ability to be in the shower within minutes after finishing.

My natural best fit seems to be moderate paced rides for long distances. DeRonde van Oeste Portlandia showed me what I already know....... there are a LOT of riders stronger and faster than I. My Race Across Oregon team is leaning hard towards one hour pulls, so today on the artificial bike I pedaled as many "miles" as I was able to pedal in 1 hour in an attempt to recreate what I will be doing during RAO.

I'm definitely going to have to do more practice on this..... I'll have to find the balance between having too much left and burning out.

I managed to log 23 "miles" in the hour. I took a little diversion on some of the other equipment then came back for a more laid back effort and logged another 10 "miles"

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

...............Road Bike.....LifeCycle.....Total Miles
Today............0...............33
Jan total.......98.....+........402....=..........500
Feb total.....385.....+.......220....=...........605
Mar total.....659.....+........41.....=...........700
YTD...........1240....+.......696....=.........1936

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.