Saturday, January 31, 2009

woo HOO!

Dave and I had planned to join a few folks for a 40 mile ride from Vancouver to Kelly Pt Park today but a last minute plumbing issue delayed our start and forced us to make our own ride. We opted for a 10:30 AM start on a preview ride of my 54 miles birthday route. It was foggy and cold as we started off but within the first 10 or 15 miles we rode into blue skies. We had a great day and Dave ended up with a 1 day maximum mileage. We ended back up at Butteville and I decided to let Dave take my pickup back to his house and I'd ride back via a bit of a circuitous route to bring my miles up to the magic number for the month. It was just too nice of a day to stop without reaching the 500 miles this month. Of course, with all the snow and ice earlier it ended up that I rode most of those miles in the last week!

With Super Bowl issues for many I've scheduled my birthday ride for NEXT Sunday. I hope the weather is as good as it was today, but given the time of year I'll be amazed if it's any where near as close.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
...............Road Bike.....LifeCycle.....Total Miles
Today............71...............0.................71
Jan total.......501.....+.........30.......=.......531
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.