Friday, January 30, 2009

excuses, excuses

I haven't been on my bike since Monday when I commuted a 103 mile round trip to Salem. Tuesday morning did indeed end up snowy, just like predicted. I drove to Salem for my commitments there and didn't see the asphalt for the first 35 miles! Though they make studded tires for bikes, I prefer the safety of 4 wheels and a protective cocoon of steel around me when there is snow and ice on the roads!

(sorry about the radio on the background, forgot that I was taking audio as well as video!)


Wednesday I had a full day of real life issues.

Thursday I had my bike with me in the afternoon as I drove my upcoming 54 mile birthday route and marked the course with some discreetly place "graffiti" on the pavement. It took a bit longer than expected so I didn't have time for a decent ride.

Today was icy and foggy until well into the day. My afternoon was busy but even if it hadn't been it was just to cold and wet to have me get too enthused about riding.

Tomorrow however I will be out there. I've got two options for rides with friends. I'm sure one will pique my interest! It would be nice to get enough miles to bring my January total to 500, but neither ride will do that....... I might have to add a few miles on my own if the weather is nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.