Saturday, January 17, 2009

Ah, the sun is shining!

I drove down to Salem for a meeting this morning. There was quite a bit of ice on the road in places but the sun was shining brightly. I did have my bike along hoping to get a ride in after my meeting. As I got into Salem I started seeing a few "serious" type bike folks all gravitating towards the Capitol Building area.

As I got within 2 blocks of my meeting location I stumbled upon the parking area that was the drawing force for them. It seems that a good size group was going to embark from there around 10AM.


I wished them a good ride and continued on to my meeting that also started at 10AM.

I'm finished up with the meeting and hope to get back to the northern part of the Willamette Valley so that I can ride around in the Logie Trail/Skyline/Rock Creek area again before it gets too late.

UPDATE:

I drove the return leg of my birthday ride loop that is coming up in a few weeks. There are a few gravel roads in the area and I wanted to make sure we were avoiding them. I didn't find any gravel but did note one nasty RR crossing so the trip wasn't a total waste........ and it was mostly on my way home. However, the little dilly dallying took enough time that it's too late to go for a ride.
What a waste of a dry week in January! I haven't been on the bike since last weekend. Tomorrow I'm going for a hilly route of about 55 miles. A good workout, but hardly a strong week!

That will all change soon, it's time to get back to being serious about this riding stuff. I will know if I've been accepted to ride the Furnace Creek 508 in just a few short weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.