Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Riding with the King

The roads are still yucky.... so this is as close to bikey as I get today. I stopped by REI and picked up a micro breathable jacket, bright yellow, water repellent, wind resistant, reflective. Not as good as the Showers Pass jackets that my rando friends rave about, but considerably less expensive, and probably good enough for this mostly fair weather rider.

After getting the new riding jacket I proceeded to the Lucky Lab Beer Hall where I was planning to meet with a member of my record setting Race Across Oregon team, J Murray. Lucky Lab is where the Hottest Day of the Year Ride ended and they have inside bike parking so today qualified as bikey even though I didn't ride. While there, totally unplanned, a third member of our RAO team stopped by, J Michael. We had a good visit, talking RAO, FC508, STP. Just crazy bike stuff by crazy bike people. I sent a few other text messages to other bike people but it ended up just being us. It was a good evening.



"Riding with the King" is the title song of a CD by Eric Clapton and B.B.King. I didn't ride with them today, but I hoisted a brew with a couple of kings!

Hat's off to J Murray who had commuted to the event (and work that day) by bike.
I'm just a bike pansy I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.