Monday, January 26, 2009

"commute" meeting "commute" meeting

With a meeting in Salem that began at 11AM and not having to be back to Forest Grove for another meeting until 7PM it looked like a commute by bike was possible. This morning was a bit chilly but the roads were dry so I took off towards Salem with the temperature at 25 degrees. The sky was cloudless and traffic reasonable light since my normal route to Salem involves mostly rural roads. It was a bit cold but the tail wind helped move me along faster and minimize wind chill. My legs were fine after the hard workout and 127 mile ride on Sunday but there was a bit of "saddle interface issue" with my new ISM Race saddle. Just not enough miles on that to have me entirely comfortable on full century rides yet.

After my meeting, that included a few slices of pizza (Thanks Court Street Consulting!)I made my way back, taking a few alternate roads so I would be sure to get in my full 100 miles. My normal round trip would leave me just shy of 100 miles.

As I was pedaling through Salem I was glad that my normal riding position is at the white line on the edge of the traffic lane, and not in the center of the bike lane. If I had been any closer to the woman in the car who opened her door without looking I would still be in Salem somewhere. Other than that it was a nice return ride. There wasn't a very tight time schedule, though there was a head wind, it wasn't imperative that I get back quickly. It did warm up a bit if you consider 38 degrees warm!

I arrived back in plenty of time to get cleaned up and attend the second fire related meeting of the day.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
...............Road Bike.....LifeCycle.....Total Miles
Today...........103...............0................103
Jan total.......430.....+.........30.......=.......460
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.