Friday, January 23, 2009

It's official

Today a packet showed up in the mail. It contained a welcome message and a membership number (#5314) Looks like when I show up at Newberg in the morning to join some folks on the Wetlands and Prairies Permanent I'll be an official member. Will I ride any better? Will I have more fun? Who knows, but I will be an official Oregon Randonneur!


I observed the change of status by swapping out my lighter and faster tire/wheel combo with the 11-27 gearing for my slightly heavier and slower setup with my bullet proof Continental Gatorskin tires and the 12-24 cogset. A flat route with winter road conditions makes me think it might be the best way to approach this ride. My Rando brethren aren't nearly as concerned about speed as they are persistance. The next thing you know there may be a generator hub on the horizon! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.