Monday, November 9, 2015

Day 9 of #ridingeverydayinNovember

I'm still participating in the #ridingeverydayinNovember cycling challenge.
My plan today was to ride Portland's 40 mile loop before having to get details on an upcoming job in SE Portland.  Unfortunately what can normally be driven in just under 30 minutes turned into the 90 minute commute from hell.

I was not left with enough time to ride 40 miles before I'd need to be in SE, so I turned it into a tootle around the neighborhood.

I rode from Sellwood Riverside Park and headed north toward downtown Portland.  When I got to a trail branch that I've always wondered about I turned onto it.  Hey, with no set route in mind I figured I might as well explore!  The trail worked it's way up from the Willamette River through Oak's Bottom Wildlife Refuge to Milwaukie Avenue.


From the parking lot at the top of the bluff I started following Neighborhood Greenways and other sharrowed streets.


Despite the recent wind and rain in the Portland area, the colored leaves were still in force. As I rode around the neighborhoods I couldn't help but stop for photos from time to time.



I pedaled out to the jobsite and discussed the scope of the project, then tootled around a bit more.



 I finally turned toward the Willamette River and followed the Springwater Trail back to my vehicle.

The Willamette River with Ross Island on the right.
The weather was nice, comfortable temperatures, just a slight southerly breeze, and only a few drops of rain here and there.

.........Road Bike.....Rollers.....MTB.....Lifecycle..Total
Today .....26...............0...............0.............0..............26
Jan.........765..............0...............0.............0............765
Feb........248..............0...............0.............0............248
March....183..............0...............0.............0.............183
April......228...............0..............0..............0.............228
May.......200...............0..............0..............0.............200
June........199..............0..............26............0.............225
July.........246.............0...............0..............0.............246
Aug.........502.............0...............0..............0.............502
Sept.........974.............0,,,,,,,,,,,,,,44.............0............1018
Oct.......... 962.............0..............45.............0............1007
Nov..........132..............0................3.............0.............135
_________________________________________
total.......4640.............0.............118............0...........4758

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.