Thursday, November 5, 2015

Day 5 of #ridingeverydayinNovember

I drove to Seaside on the north Oregon coast late last night after our local fire board meeting. The forecast for Portland called for rain showers. I expected it to be wetter on the coast. I was surprised to wakeup this morning to mostly blue sky and dry roads. I had a couple of hours before the conference started so I went for a little bike ride to keep my membership in the #ridingeverydayinNovember challenge active.  Rather than miles, my goal was to explore the area.

I started off with a ride to the beach.


 I rode along the Prom(enade)

Looking north
Looking south

Lewis and Clark and the Corps of Discovery boiled sea water to obtain salt here in the winter of 1805-06.



In the very early 1900's the daughter of one of the Native Americans who helped the expedition located the site of the cairn and a replica was built on the site.


 I rode a little farther up the Prom where a sculpture commemorating Lewis and Clark was erected.



The weather continued to improve, but I was running out of time. I rode to the north end of the Prom then got on roads and made my way back south, doing a little scouting as I did.

I got 7 miles.

..........Road Bike.....Rollers.....MTB.....Lifecycle..Total
Today .....7...............0...............0.............0...............7
Jan.........765..............0...............0.............0............765
Feb........248..............0...............0.............0............248
March....183..............0...............0.............0.............183
April......228...............0..............0..............0.............228
May.......200...............0..............0..............0.............200
June........199..............0..............26............0.............225
July.........246.............0...............0..............0.............246
Aug.........502.............0...............0..............0.............502
Sept.........974.............0,,,,,,,,,,,,,,44.............0............1018
Oct.......... 962.............0..............45.............0............1007
Nov............46..............0................3.............0...............46
_________________________________________
total.......4554.............0.............118............0...........4672




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.