Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Day 11 of #ridingeverydayinNovember

Today is day 11 of the #ridingeverydayinNovember cycling challenge.
Before I could go for a ride I had a whole list of duties to complete.
By the time I was ready to ride, the sun had nearly set over the horizon.  I had hoped to ride Portland's 40 mile loop, but with impending darkness I decided to forego the section on roads.  I figured I could still get 40 miles in if I did an out and back on the "back half" of the loop.

I took off counter clockwise on the loop, heading east on the Springwater Corridor.  By the time I got to the I-205 path, it was dark.  I dilly-dallied on Facebook for a bit then rode up to the Columbia River, then turned left on the Marine Drive path and followed it until 39th Ave, where to continue I'd have to get on the road.  Normally not an issue, but why risk rush hour traffic on a narrow roadway in darkness and wet if not necessary?  I turned around and backtracked.


I got back to Cartlandia and turned in for a couple of tacos, and more social media.


It was time to get pedaling.  The restrooms were closed for the season at Sellwood Riverfront Park where I started, and now I found that even though the lights were on, no one was home at these restrooms either.

I'll have to remember that after November 1st that I need to carry water, as the outside water fountains were turned off as well.

I got back to Sellwood, and found that I was 2 miles short of my 40 mile goal.  I rode toward downtown as far as Ross Island, one mile away, then turned around and rode back to Sellwood Riverfront Park.

It was a good night for a ride, It was nearly 10 degrees warmer than last night's ride and there was only one light rain shower as I was near the Columbia River.

You can't hope for much better on a November evening.



.........Road Bike.....Rollers.....MTB.....Lifecycle..Total
Today .....40...............0...............0.............0..............40
Jan.........765..............0...............0.............0............765
Feb........248..............0...............0.............0............248
March....183..............0...............0.............0.............183
April......228...............0..............0..............0.............228
May.......200...............0..............0..............0.............200
June........199..............0..............26............0.............225
July.........246.............0...............0..............0.............246
Aug.........502.............0...............0..............0.............502
Sept.........974.............0,,,,,,,,,,,,,,44.............0............1018
Oct.......... 962.............0..............45.............0............1007
Nov..........204..............0................3.............0.............207
_________________________________________
total.......4712.............0.............118............0...........4830

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.