Monday, November 2, 2015

Day 2 of #ridingeverydayinNovember

Today is the second day of #ridingeverydayinNovember.

I got geared up to ride, but then waited out a heavy rain shower.  It takes a completely different motivation to walk out of the house into a deluge, especially when the forecast says "scattered showers, but a mostly dry day".

I rolled down 3rd Ave W from Queen Ann to the Burke-Gilman Trail in Seattle.  I crossed the Fremont Bridge then turned toward the west along the Ship Canal.  Some friendly tourists offered to take my photo.


I rode to Fred Meyer's "one stop shopping" mecca and picked up some video connection cables, then continued along the B-G.  I stopped at the 14th Ave NW Boat Ramp and snapped this photo



It began to rain again, I ducked into the nearby Jack in the Box.

The rain never amounted to much and I was soon on my way,  I have afternoon plans so it was time to make my way back.  I returned to the Fremont Bridge and crossed back over to the south side,

Fremont Bridge in foreground, Aurora Bridge in background.
I hope to get back on the bike later this afternoon, but it is not a sure thing.

Evening update:

Well, I did get out for a short ride.  A ride for pizza at Olympic Pizza was in order tonight. I took the mountain bike because it has combination pedals, allowing me the option to ride in street shoes.


It wasn't far, but it was nice to be out on the bike.  It was dry, but a definite chill was in the air.  It's not summer anymore!

..........Road Bike.....Rollers.....MTB.....Lifecycle..Total
Today ....13...............0...............0.............0..............13
Jan.........765..............0...............0.............0............765
Feb........248..............0...............0.............0............248
March....183..............0...............0.............0.............183
April......228...............0..............0..............0.............228
May.......200...............0..............0..............0.............200
June........199..............0..............26............0.............225
July.........246.............0...............0..............0.............246
Aug.........502.............0...............0..............0.............502
Sept.........974.............0,,,,,,,,,,,,,,44.............0............1018
Oct.......... 962.............0..............45.............0............1007
Nov............21..............0................3.............0...............24
_________________________________________
total.......4528.............0.............118............0...........4646

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.