Friday, November 13, 2015

Day 13 of #ridingeverydayinNovember

Today is the 13th day of the #ridingeverydayinNovember cycling challenge.

I took Joe's advice and started the day off with a ride for donuts.  In this case it was a maple bar and a chocolate frosted bar.


The temperature was a mild 54 degrees and it wasn't raining. I decided to take the long way home via Memorial Park.


The wind and rain of the last few days is clearing the trees of leaves.  It is beginning to look a lot more like winter.


I turned the bike back towards home.  It is time to get started on the day's duties and it IS Friday the 13th.  I wouldn't want to press my luck!

I'll probably get out for more miles later.  Check back for any updates.

Evening update:

By the time I got my jobs done today it was mid afternoon. The sun goes down awfully early this time of year so I made sure that I had my lights along and took off for a ride.

I started from Sellwood and rode Springwater Corridor east.

I took a short detour to satisfy my curiosity.





Now I know where that trail goes!   I continued on the Springwater Trail.  Johnson Creek was gurgling along from all the rain.


The next stop was at Powell Butte Nature Park. If I had a different bike along I might have been able to explore a few of those trails, but the rain bike doesn't have the tires for that sort of riding.


The sun officially set just before I got to Gresham. The bright foliage was still doing it's best to make a show.

It was 15 minutes past sunset when I got to Main City Park in Gresham.


I turned around and started my ride back.  As I passed near Powell Butte there were several Cottontail Rabbits that scampered across the trail in front of me.  One even scampered straight down the trail ahead of me for quite some distance. I of course couldn't get a picture of them.

I continued westward.



The weather had been reasonable.  After a dry morning, by mid afternoon very light showers had been crossing the area. The temperature was in the upper 50's.  The wind was a bit pesky, but really not all that bad.

It was a good day on the bike, and just happened to be the 4th consecutive time this week that I've finished in the dark.

.........Road Bike.....Rollers.....MTB.....Lifecycle..Total
Today ......31...............0...............0.............0..............31
Jan.........765..............0...............0.............0............765
Feb........248..............0...............0.............0............248
March....183..............0...............0.............0.............183
April......228...............0..............0..............0.............228
May.......200...............0..............0..............0.............200
June........199..............0..............26............0.............225
July.........246.............0...............0..............0.............246
Aug.........502.............0...............0..............0.............502
Sept.........974.............0,,,,,,,,,,,,,,44.............0............1018
Oct.......... 962.............0..............45.............0............1007
Nov..........257..............0................3.............0.............260
_________________________________________
total.......4765.............0.............118............0...........4883

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.