Saturday, November 7, 2015

Day 7 of #ridingeverydayinNovember

The conference that I've been attending the last few days wrapped up at noon today. The nice weather of the last few days wrapped up a few hours earlier. :-(

I ate lunch then put on raingear and hopped on the bike.  As I shoved off the heavy rain had stopped, but there was a brisk south wind blowing.  I decided to ride into the wind to start, hoping for a good tailwind to finish off with.

I pedaled down the coast toward Cannon Beach.  There was a steady climb from near sea level to about 500 ft elevation, at times reaching 11% grade, as I pedaled over Tillamook Head. It was made a bit tougher with the 20 mph headwind.   To add insult to injury, it began raining hard as I neared Cannon Beach.

I rolled down the south side of Tillamook Head and entered the quaint oceanside town of Canon Beach just as the heavy rain turned to pelting hail!


What should have been a nice view back toward Tillamook Head and the Tillamook Rock Light  (Terrible Tillie) ended up being impaired by the stormy weather.


I knew that if I stood around too long I was going to get cold, so I turned around and headed back north.

At least now I had a strong tailwind assisting me.  I pedaled back up Tillamook Head with a hard rain peppering my back.  (always better than a hard rain into the face!)  The long roll down the north side back into Seaside was fun, even in the rain.

Day 7 of #ridingeverydayinNovember is in the book.  Even though it was only 17 miles, it is better than recent days, and with the rain, wind, and hail, I felt worthy to check the box.


.........Road Bike.....Rollers.....MTB.....Lifecycle..Total
Today .....17...............0...............0.............0..............17
Jan.........765..............0...............0.............0............765
Feb........248..............0...............0.............0............248
March....183..............0...............0.............0.............183
April......228...............0..............0..............0.............228
May.......200...............0..............0..............0.............200
June........199..............0..............26............0.............225
July.........246.............0...............0..............0.............246
Aug.........502.............0...............0..............0.............502
Sept.........974.............0,,,,,,,,,,,,,,44.............0............1018
Oct.......... 962.............0..............45.............0............1007
Nov............65..............0................3.............0...............65
_________________________________________
total.......4573.............0.............118............0...........4691

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.