Monday, November 23, 2015

Day 23 of #ridingeverydayinNovember

Today is the 23rd day of the #ridingeverydayinNovember cycling challenge.

My only time to ride is this morning as I've got meetings, work calls, and hotel check-outs keeping me busy from 11 AM on.

Today the plan was to explore the John Wayne Pioneer Trail east of Ellensburg.
It was 21 degrees as I pedaled out.



The trail from Ellensburg east was as straight as an arrow and unremarkable.  Not saying it wasn't scenic, but nothing really jumped out at me.  The area is noted for Timothy grass hay, and it appeared that once I got out of "suburbia" that I was riding past hay fields.





It was that dry cold that east of the mountains is noted for.

The cold river water is barely able to make it though the fence

That didn't keep locals (or me) from being out enjoying the day.

Great Danes taking their human out for a morning walk.
Again, those I spoke with were strong supporters of the trail, I guess not surprisingly.  They thanked me for visiting Ellensburg.

With the rapidly approaching busy schedule I did not have much time to ride this morning.  I turned around after riding 3 miles out.  On the way back west I could see snow capped peaks on the horizon.

wishing I had my real camera and its better zoom!
Mt Stuart baffled me a bit.  I thought I knew all the high volcanoes of the Cascade Range.  I come to find out that Mt Stuart is not a volcano, but it is the second highest non-volcanic peak in the Washington Cascades after Bonanza Peak.

I could also see just the tip of a snow capped peak, which I presumed to be Mt Adams,  over the barren hillsides.

The high today is supposed to reach the low 30's, and it was well on it's way, reaching 27 degrees by the time my ride ended.

Another good day for a ride!

.........Road Bike.....Rollers.....MTB.....Lifecycle..Total
Today .......6...............0...............0.............0..............,6
Jan.........765..............0...............0.............0............765
Feb........248..............0...............0.............0............248
March....183..............0...............0.............0.............183
April......228...............0..............0..............0.............228
May.......200...............0..............0..............0.............200
June........199..............0..............26............0.............225
July.........246.............0...............0..............0.............246
Aug.........502.............0...............0..............0.............502
Sept.........974.............0,,,,,,,,,,,,,,44.............0............1018
Oct.......... 962.............0..............45.............0............1007
Nov..........407..............0................3.............0.............410
_________________________________________
total.......4905.............0.............118............0...........5023

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.