Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Racing Raindrops

 The forecast showed a 10% chance of rain this morning, rising to an 80% chance of rain by 11AM.  I packed my raingear and set out.  It was a bit chilly early but I began the climb to Discovery Park in  Magnolia within a few miles and warmed right up.

      I made my way to Alki Point, a popular rest stop for my Seattle friends, but they weren't along today, and there is no rest for we wicked ones, I pedaled on to Lincoln Park.  The biggest climb of the day was heading south from Lincoln Park then I turned southeastward through Tukwila to Renton.  From Renton I mostly followed the STP route northward and crossed the Ship Canal via the Montlake Bridge.

  From there it was just a quick ride along the Burke-Gilman Trail and a dash across the Fremont Bridge before climbing back up Queen Anne hill.



It was a good ride,  With the commute to/from my official route from Queen Anne it ended up being 61 miles with 2900 ft of climbing.  Not bad, but the best part?

No rain!


Today.............61...............0.............0..........0..............61 Jan..................93..............0..............0.........0..............93 Feb................411..............0..............0.........0............411 March.............347..............0.............0.........0............347 Total..............854.............0...............0.........0............854

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.