Thursday, March 28, 2013

Holding air, and holding my breath

Facebook bike group friends and blog followers are aware that I've been fighting with wheel issues on a new single speed bike that I bought at a charity auction recently.  After way too much time fighting with tubes, valve extensions, and broken tire levers, I made a last ditch effort and added 8oz of Slime to the front wheel.

I didn't dare remove the rear tire which was already holding air. I knew that removal and reinstallation would certainly cause more punctures.

With the tires currently holding air, I took off for an inaugural ride.  I rode 3 miles, while holding my breath, and crossing my fingers.

I'll never be able to change a flat on the road, but may just take it out for a 12.7 mile ride I have planned for Friday night. The route is such that I'll never be more than 2.5 miles from the start location. Since the single speed has flat pedals I'll be in athletic shoes, I can walk 2.5 miles in those if I have to.  

If I get one more flat, I'm going to go to airless tires.

Today..............3...............0.............0..........0..............3 Jan..................93..............0..............0.........0..............93 Feb................411..............0..............0.........0............411 March.............549..............0.............0.........0............549 Total.............1056.............0...............0.........0..........1056
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.