Saturday, March 9, 2013

Bikey, but not much biking

 After a good first few days of March, I didn't ride all week. The Monday and Tuesday I was busy, Wednesday through Friday I attended a seminar. Today I am in Seattle and had plans to attend Bike Expo.  My friend Julie and I acted like cyclists and bike commuted.

It was a beautiful day, almost too beautiful to spend the day indoors.


Pardon the reflections as I took this through a window

 We got there in time to listen to Chris Ragsdale talk about ultra cycling and his upcoming participation in the Race Across America.

 
We spent nearly 8 hours there taking in all the bikiness.  There were presentations of trick riding, and bike activities.  Friend Jenny Anderson hosted a presentation on local bike rides.


 There were a lot of booths of bike products and information on upcoming bike rides and events, and of course a few food booths as well. There were opportunities to be a little hands on, or in my case butt on!
 I tried out the electric assisted bike that was set up on a trainer.


The rest of the time was spent perusing the 143,000 sq ft of general bikey fun!  I ran into several friends from up this way, including Leo, Lee Ann, Robin, Mike, Scott, Erica, Lynn, and even fellow Portlander, Brian.. It was nice to see them.


I found what I thought was a great deal on a set of panniers.  I'm not sure I needed them, but for $20 I couldn't pass them up, now that I have them I'm sure I'll find a use for them.  Julie got a nice Showers Pass rain jacket for $120. I also picked up a pair of glove liners and Julie got some rain booties.

We finally left when the event was closing down for the day.  I had brought my Stella 300 light in addition to the Planet Bike 2 Watt.  Julie didn't bring her light, I know Julie better than Julie does!  I put my 2 Watt LED on her bike and rode next to her to illuminate the road for both of us as we pedaled off into the rapidly darkening night.  I had two Turbo Flashes on, Julie had one Turbo Flash, and we both had copious reflectivity.  It was probably all overkill as the vast majority of our ride was on paths, and that which wasn't, was on low traffic residential streets. (as in non existant traffic at this hour)

It was a fun day, very bikey.  Just not many miles.

................road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total Today.............17..............0.............0..........0..............17 Jan..................93..............0..............0.........0.............93 Feb................411..............0..............0.........0............411
March.............163..............0..............0.........0.............163
Total..............664.............0..............0.........0.............664

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.