Sunday, March 17, 2013

A good day

Julie was pre-riding a 26 mile "red" route (10-12 mph) today with a group of folks. Since I'm not one of the cool kids I was not welcome to come along, though I really can't afford the time to spend all day doing those rides anymore. We had plans to attend Cirque du Soleil "Amaluna" late this afternoon in Marymoor Park, but that was it for other duties. I was given the opportunity to bike there and get a ride back after dark. I accepted. I took off at noon and rode out to Magnolia and Discovery Park. The view from the hill was good, as always.

 

 I dilly dallied around a bit taking in the view. From there I pedaled down to Pike Place Market and continued southward. About in this stretch I came to the realization that I needed to be near Marymoor Park at 3PM, and not 4PM as I had been thinking. I decided I would just have to pedal a bit harder. It was good motivation to keep this ride at appropriate training intensity. I climbed over the ridge to Lake Washington near Leschi then turned northward on the STP course to cross the Montlake Bridge and access the Burke-Gilman Trail. Once on the trail it was a flat run to Marymoor, with only a headwind to contend with as I reached the north end of the lake and turned south. I reached Marymoor Park and crossed through to East Lake Sammamish Blvd. I had only about a mile and a half and a little climbing left to go to reach the meeting point. Took a shower, had some B-B-Q ribs, then off to Amaluna we went.

 

It was a good day on the bike. Not many miles, but I don't need to do long miles. My RAO participation this year will be a 2X team, and as such will be a series of shorter sprints as opposed to a long effort. Strength and speed with just a bit of endurance will be the plan.

Oh, and no rain today, despite a 40% chance predicted.

Today.............56...............0.............0..........0..............56 Jan..................93..............0..............0.........0..............93 Feb................411..............0..............0.........0............411 March.............286..............0.............0.........0............286 Total..............793.............0...............0.........0............793

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.