Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Rocky Butte and hide-n-seek

Tonight was my Rocky Butte hill repeats ride. I had hoped to get a 40 mile preride in, but it was raining.... and I just couldn't get my head around riding my fenderless carbon bike in the rain. I sat in my vehicle at the base of Rocky Butte for two hours reading Race Across America and Tour Divide updates on my sometimes smart phone. The rain stopped, the road dried off, and I knew where my friends where as the pedaled across the country, either west to east, or north to south, depending on the event the were competing in. My goal tonight was less lofty, just ride up and down Rocky Butte a few times!

There were eight of us tonight, not a bad showing at all.
At 6 PM we started up the hill.  On my 3rd repeat I found Catherine searching along the side of the road. Before it was all over, there were 4 of us walking around searching for little teeny parts to her bike computer, that had bounced off as she descended over a speed bump, and separated into many small pieces. We found most of the pieces, but not all.  We are hoping the manufacturer will help her out.

I went for one more repeat before time expired.

4 of us followed the ride with carbo-reloading at our usual post ride establishment.

........road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total Today........12..............0..............0..........0............12
 Jan.........105.............34.............0..........0..........139 Feb.........428............108.............0.........24..........536 March.......809..............0.............0.........22............831 April.........1010..............0.............0..........0.........1010 May..........1000..............0.............20..........0.......1020 June...........880...............0...............0............0......880 YTD........4223............142............20.........46.........4406

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.