Thursday, June 21, 2012

A few more miles

It was Thursday, time for the Rocky Butte hill repeats ride and I had some extra time in the afternoon so I did a little preriding. I started from Rocky Butte and rode west on Tillamook to 39th (Ceasar Chavez) then north to the Columbia River where I watched planes land and takeoff from PDX for awhile.  I then rode east to the I-205 path, took that south to Springwater, rode west to the Willamette River then back east to 181st, then north to Halsey and west back to Rocky Butte.  I had 52 miles of relatively flat riding.  I'd take care of that flat part shortly.

It was a nice warm sunny evening, and as predicted a good turnout for the hill repeats. I got a respectable 6 repeats, with three minutes left over.  Unlike last year where I always was the top dog, this year I'm just an also ran, Tonight I think I was fifth in the number of repeats. My average heart rate for the preride and repeats was 98, I obviously need to bump up the effort

A few folks had other commitments and had to forgo our post ride gathering, but most of our group ended up back at Stanich's for a little post ride carbohydrate replenishment. Tonight the ladies were out in force. We three guys were very outnumbered.
At one point we guys all just looked at each other and started smiling.  It seemed that ALL the women were talking at once, none of them were listening. We brought that to their attention, and were told that they were multitasking.  :-)

It was a good night on the hill.  It was nice to have so many show up, and nice to have such a high number of the fairer sex attend.

I was thinking I had my 1000 miles for the month logged tonight, but as I tallied it up tonight I see that I'm still 10 miles short. I'll have to go take care of that tomorrow!

........road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total Today........70..............0..............0..........0............70
 Jan.........105.............34.............0..........0..........139 Feb.........428............108.............0.........24..........536 March.......809..............0.............0.........22............831 April.........1010..............0.............0..........0.........1010 May..........1000..............0.............20..........0.......1020 June...........990...............0...............0............0......990 YTD........4333............142............20.........46.........4516

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.