Saturday, June 11, 2011

Strawberry short cut

Ya ya, I know, it's supposed to be strawberry shortcake, but the title is more appropriate to what I did.

Late last night I decided that I should go down to Lebanon and ride the Strawberry Century.
Santiam Spokes always puts on a good ride, and the strawberry shortcake at the end is a great bonus!

It was a beautiful morning for biking and that sealed the deal. Off to Lebanon I went early this morning. I made good time and was soon on the 101 mile route pedaling away.
It was just perfect weather. A bit of a breeze, but not enough to worry about.
It has been a very busy few weeks at work and I haven't quite been able to keep up with all my duties. As I was put pedaling I started thinking of a few things I could do to make next week at work go a bit easier. That's the trouble when pedaling alone, too much time to think.

When the option of taking a short cut presented itself I took it.

I ended up with 79 miles..... and a bit of a head start on next week's "nose to the grindstone" duties.

I'll make up for it tomorrow, I'm "riding to the ride" which by the time it's all said and done will give me about 115 miles.

....road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total
Today........79..............0.............0..........0..........79
Jan.........474..............0............21..........7.........502
Feb.........530..............0.............0..........0.........530
March.......502..............0.............0..........0.........502
April.......524..............0.............0..........0.........524
May........1003..............0.............0..........0........1003
June........291..............0.............0..........0.........291
YTD........3328..............0............27..........7.........3361

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.