Monday, June 27, 2011

inching

The days are long this time of year, and I got off work at a reasonable time. I thought I'd go for a ride to get a bit closer to bagging another 1000 mile month. Just as I was walking out the door in bike gear I got a call from my brother-in-law. He was commuting home from work on his bike and had a tire failure. Not just a hole or slice but a bead separation. I carry a folding spare tire on most rides, I'll bet Dave starts thinking about that now. ;-)

I changed out of bike shoes and slipped into tennis shoes, hopped in the pickup and drove to Terwilliger Blvd to SAG him back home.

Then I decided that it was still daylight... only 8:30pm and it's daylight for almost an hour yet this time of year. I put the blinkies on the bike and pedaled out.

I rode my "night route" and then did some tootling around some well lit streets close to home.

Inching my way to that 1000 mile mark by riding 36 miles tonight.

Things will really have to fall into place to make that 1000 mile thing happen, but it's fun to reach a little. ;-)

.........road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total
Today........36..............0.............0..........0..........36
Jan.........474..............0............21..........7.........502
Feb.........530..............0.............0..........0.........530
March.......502..............0.............0..........0.........502
April.......524..............0.............0..........0.........524
May........1003..............0.............0..........0........1003
June........912..............0............10..........0.........922
YTD........3949..............0............37..........7.........3992

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.