Thursday, June 30, 2011

The end of the month

It's Thursday, and as such it was time once again for the Rocky Butte hill repeats ride. I had one "maybe" rider RSVP. As it ended up, I was the only one there tonight.
It was a nice night to ride, but a bit on the lonely side. :-(
I started from Johnson Creek Blvd and I-205. That gives me a flat 10 mile warm up before beginning the climb.... and added miles tonight in my quest to reach that 1000 mile for the month number.

I rode easy tonight, taking time to take a few photos. The first one is from the road as it exits the tunnel...of the road as it enters below.


The Portland Wheelmen were riding tonight, I graciously shared MY hill with them. ;-)
This photo is taken from the summit looking down on the road as they were coming up.


The last three were taken from the top.

looking east into the Columbia River Gorge


looking NW over the Columbia River

and

looking North over the Glenn Jackson Bridge with Vancouver, WA in the distance.

Oh, and even with all the goofing around, I did get my thousand mile month. :-)



.........road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total
Today........36..............0.............0..........0..........36
Jan.........474..............0............21..........7.........502
Feb.........530..............0.............0..........0.........530
March.......502..............0.............0..........0.........502
April.......524..............0.............0..........0.........524
May........1003..............0.............0..........0........1003
June.......1016..............0............10..........0........1026
YTD........4053..............0............37..........7.........4096

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.