Thursday, June 9, 2011

the hill got easier

Full disclosure: It got easier because I only rode it 3 times, and pretty slowly at that!

I suppose I could blame it on my sore rib, but I think lack of motivation played a bigger part of it. It was Thursday and time to lead my twice weekly Rocky Butte hill repeats ride. Although I've been getting about a dozen riders most nights, tonight there was one other RSVP, although Art showed up as a bonus rider.

Scott was the other rider. He's the son of one of our club members and is only in town on a visit. He borrowed his mom's bike and came out for a ride. He's a good rider, too bad we didn't have the group there tonight to push him a bit. We rode for about an hour, Scott got 5 climbs, I got 3, and a visit with Scott's mom. ;-)

Art had to leave early so it was just Scott and I for the photo at the end of the ride tonight.

(photo by Beck Novak)

We retired to the Alameda Brew Pub for a bit to eat before calling it a night.
I'll have to ride a lot of miles this weekend!



....road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total
Today.........9..............0.............0..........0...........9
Jan.........474..............0............21..........7.........502
Feb.........530..............0.............0..........0.........530
March.......502..............0.............0..........0.........502
April.......524..............0.............0..........0.........524
May........1003..............0.............0..........0........1003
June........212..............0.............0..........0.........212
YTD........3249..............0............27..........7.........3282

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.