Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Was it the jersey, or maybe the wheels?

I led a group of 13 on our twice weekly Rocky Butte hill repeats ride. It is just amazing to see the improvement gained by those who've attended at least most of the rides. I think this was ride number 7.

Just over half of the group managed to arrive in time for this pre ride photo. Monica and Kevin stayed behind the camera.


Just for fun.... I put my Zipp wheels in tonight, and finished the ruse off by wearing my Furnace Creek 508 finisher's jersey. (oh, and wore my Adventure Corps arm coolers for the first climb too)


I'm not sure if it was the Zipp wheels or the jersey but I did manage to shave off 6 minutes from last Thursday's ride. I was on my 8th ascent as our 90 minute time expired. I'm closing in on the 12 minute lap average time. I might just reach that sub 12 next time out.

....road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total
Today........22..............0.............0..........0..........22
Jan.........474..............0............21..........7.........502
Feb.........530..............0.............0..........0.........530
March.......502..............0.............0..........0.........502
April.......524..............0.............0..........0.........524
May.........516..............0.............0..........0.........516
YTD........2556..............0............21..........7.........2583

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.