Saturday, May 28, 2011

Reaching Amity

I had an afternoon full of jobs to do, but decided that I could maybe sneak away for a morning bike ride, after all, the roads were dry despite the forecast.

I was pedaling by 6:30 AM in an effort to get some miles before the rain returned.
I took off more or less riding the route I returned on from Pacific City last weekend. I took my chances and rode to Amity where I stopped at every stop sign, but did not put a foot down. I guess the city coffers must be full, I passed through "town" without problems.

I got south of Hopewell and considered crossing the Wheatland Ferry but decided against it because I'd end up on the other side of the Willamette River which means I'd either have to cross the Canby Ferry and ride that steep little pitch up the west side away from the ferry, or cross the Boone Bridge on I-5 which has a lot of construction with non existent shoulders right now. I suppose I could have crossed the Hwy 219 bridge into Newberg but that put me on a busier road. I opted to stay on the west side of the Willamette River and turned back north toward Dayton.



I hadn't set out with any hard mileage goal but as I was back in Newberg I figured that with a little creative navigating I could get 100 miles today. A century is always a good goal. ;-)

When I got to Ladd Hill road I started up the hill. Proper planning would have had riding today's loop in reverse, riding the hillier portion at the beginning of the ride instead of the end, but it was okay.

As I got near home I realized I was going to be just a bit short of 100 miles. No problem, a couple of laps around a residential block was all it took.

The best part? Not a drop of rain! There were some big puffy clouds boiling around as the morning wore on. I'm guessing there will be some very hard showers later this afternoon, but a dry morning was good!

....road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total
Today.......100..............0.............0..........0.........100
Jan.........474..............0............21..........7.........502
Feb.........530..............0.............0..........0.........530
March.......502..............0.............0..........0.........502
April.......524..............0.............0..........0.........524
May.........852..............0.............0..........0.........852
YTD........2886..............0............27..........7.........2919

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.