Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A social ride

Tonight was Tuesday and as such it was time to lead my twice weekly Rocky Butte hill repeat ride. I've been riding this hard always going for the full training benefit. That means I don't take photos, don't have time (or breath!) to visit with my fellow riders, and don't have time to just enjoy the ride.

Tonight was different. After last Thursday's tangle with the car I just couldn't get my mind around speed tonight. That and I really wanted to get a few photos for the club website. This has become a very popular ride and I wanted to share some of the photos with those who haven't yet joined us. I also rode along with a newer attendee, one who has never made it to the top of Rocky Butte yet without stopping. I figured that if I kept at her side she'd be less likely to stop. I figured correctly. :-) She made it to the top without stopping....twice!

I got a photo of every rider tonight except for John H, who jumped ahead right at the start and I never seemed to be back in position for a photo later in the ride.

Here's a few of us just prior to the start:


As is the norm, a few more showed up after we had started. No big deal on this ride, the hill is patient, it waits for those who had delays.

The turnout for this ride amazes me. The improvement exhibited by those attending amazes me. The amount of fun we have doing this amazes me! Check out the smiles:









Kay S joined us for the first time tonight. As she finished up tonight she made a comment that the rest of us voted as today's "phrase that pays"... her comment? "Gee, that was fun!"


As is the norm for this ride, a few of us went out for food and drink post ride. Kay was telling the story of an unfortunate incident that happened on Chilly Hilly and the reaction of those across the table was too good to let pass. It sort of reminded me of the "hear no evil, see no evil, say no evil" thing. ;-)


I only got 11 miles tonight, 3 repeats and a little bit of looping around to get photos of riders. Not many miles, no real training, but I sure had fun!



....road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total
Today........11..............0.............0..........0..........11
Jan.........474..............0............21..........7.........502
Feb.........530..............0.............0..........0.........530
March.......502..............0.............0..........0.........502
April.......524..............0.............0..........0.........524
May.........752..............0.............0..........0.........752
YTD........2786..............0............27..........7.........2819

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.