Saturday, May 14, 2011

The good, the bad, and the ugly

First the bad. My whole calendar was messed up. I thought I had a meeting in Salem this morning so I skipped a plan to ride 100 miles with the Portland Wheelmen and instead drove to Salem (but did have my bike with me so I could ride between the morning meeting and an evening banquet.) As I drove down to Salem I was notified that I was mistaken and there was no morning meeting.

So, the good was that I got to start my ride sooner than I had planned. I parked at the 24 Hour Fitness on Lancaster Drive and hopped on the bike and started pedaling toward Silver Creek Falls State Park via Shaw. There was a 70% chance of rain today, but not a drop of rain fell on me as I rode. Spring is surely in the air as witnessed by the growing grass, blooming trees, and this brightly blooming field of mustard.


The traffic was very light as I made my way up into the hills. There were a few more cars in the park, but still not bad. There is a bit of climbing but one has to expect that if there are waterfalls in the area!

Here's North Falls:


I exited the park and descended through Silverton on my way back to Salem.

With the earlier than anticipated start today I finished up with time to spare. I used my 24 Hour Fitness "all club" membership and showered then drove back up to watch a bit of the OBRA Silverton Road Race. Those folks pedal hard!

There really wasn't much ugly today, unless you count my scheduling snafus. Not only did I mistakenly think I had a meeting in the morning, but also had the time for the banquet wrong as well. I arrived at 4:30PM, ready for a 5PM social time leading to a 6PM banquet, only to find that it was supposed to be a 6PM social time with a 7PM banquet.

It was a good banquet though.... and a good bike ride too!

.....road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total
Today........63..............0.............0..........0..........62
Jan.........474..............0............21..........7.........502
Feb.........530..............0.............0..........0.........530
March.......502..............0.............0..........0.........502
April.......524..............0.............0..........0.........524
May.........438..............0.............0..........0.........438
YTD........2478..............0............21..........7.........2505

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.