Saturday, May 7, 2011

slow

I rode Vancouver Bicycle Club's "Ride Around Clark County" today. The forecast was for rain, significant rain. I brought the rain bike and wore light cycling clothes with rain gear over the top.

Mistake!

We had more dry than wet. I got way too warm riding in rain gear, but couldn't take it off because my cycling clothes weren't warm enough to ride in, especially since they were now wet with perspiration.

I unzipped every zipper on the rain jacket and slowed my pace. The first 10-15 miles or so there was a light rain falling. Then we enjoyed some pretty bright skies, even saw some shadows. The rest of the day there were about 4 more rain showers, probably lasting a total of 1 hour.

I started the ride with Dave.... and after about 15 miles he dropped me like a bad habit.

I don't ride in Clark County often and it was a treat to see the countryside. Much of the route follows along rivers and with the abundant rain this Spring the rivers were quite a show.

I did manage to cut the sidewall of my front tire just before the first rest stop. The tube was doing it's best to exit the tire through that cut. I always carry a spare tire, and this was the first time I got to use it. I've lent it out many times, but this was the first time I actually put it on MY wheel. It was a good place to have it happen. The route mechanics let me use their floor pump. They even offered to change it for me, but I figured I could handle that part!

After the tire change the rest of the ride was uneventful. I just pedaled slowly along.

Dave finished up a full hour before I did! But I had fun none the less! ;-)


.......road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total
Today.......100..............0.............0..........0.........100
Jan.........474..............0............21..........7.........502
Feb.........530..............0.............0..........0.........530
March.......502..............0.............0..........0.........502
April.......524..............0.............0..........0.........524
May.........263..............0.............0..........0.........263
YTD.......2303...............0............21..........7........2331

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.