Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Summer

Today finally felt like summer. 80 degrees. Daylight from shortly after 4:30AM until nearly 10PM. Riding with friends. It doesn't get a whole lot better than this!

I managed to get to Troutdale in time tonight to join a few of the more spirited members of my social bike group on a 29 mile ride that would have about 2900 ft of climbing. It was one of those rides where you could tell by the look in your fellow rider's eyes that they were not about to let lowly little you beat them up any hill or out any flat. Everyone brought their "A" game. They worked my tail off but I did manage to stay out front at all the "important" points! Our first hill was a decently long one and I hammered it hard. I didn't have my heart rate monitor on, but had to have been at 175 plus. The climbing continued to Larch Mtn Rd, about half way into our ride. From there on I got to use my new "big gear" (56 tooth) and put some speed into the downhill. I powered down the Sandy River and into Troutdale. I had slowed just a bit thinking I was well ahead of my partners, but as I sat up and looked around I was surprised to see a paceline of 4 or 5 riders charging hard from about 100 yds behind me. Eeks! Where did THEY come from? I poured it on and managed to increase the 100 yds to a several minute gap by the time we got back to Edgefield.

We all agreed, it was a very good time on a bike!


............BIKE............LIFECYCLE.....ROLLERS....TOTAL
Today.......29................0.............0.........,29
Jan........618...............0..............0.........618
Feb........692...............0..............0.........692
March......940...............0..............5.........940
April......934...............0..............0.........934
May........905...............0..............0.........905
June.......828...............0..............0.........828
_________________________________________
TOTAL.....4932...............0..............5.........4937

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.