Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Biking

Seems everybody biked today but me. :-(

Brother-in-law Dave bike commuted to and from work today, a nice 50 mile route under nice weather.

Sandy Earl rode from Oceanside to Lake Henshaw
(RAAM time station 1)
53.47 miles
4 hours 5 minutes

and then she rode to Brawley, CA
(RAAM time station 2)
141.94 miles
8 hours 53 minutes

and moved up a position in doing so!

As close to anything bikey I did was to bring my Zipp wheel in to get a new tubular tire installed.
Over this last weekend I flatted and my can of quick fix foam didn't do the trick. After dissecting the tire I found a very small wire had worked it's way through the tire and lodged in the tube. Since I could not/did not see it I didn't remove it and having that little wire wiggle around caused the foam to not seal. The tire had enough miles and the attendant nicks and slices I thought it best to just get a new tire before riding the big races of summer and fall. I took my spare tire off and brought the wheel in to get a new Gatorskin installed and some slack in my cogset tightened up.

So all I can do from here is join many others in saying,

"Go Sandy Go!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.