Saturday, June 19, 2010

A bike commuter am I

I had a fire district director meeting in Salem this morning. It was scheduled late enough that I had time to bike commute to it! I had a bit of light rain for the first ten miles of my ride down that way.

After a few hours of doing my civic duty I began my trip back. The weather had dried up a bit. There were some patches of blue sky, but also a few threatening dark clouds.
I took a longer way back wanting to get 100 miles in today. As I pedaled through St Louis I saw this sign that gave me a bit of a chuckle.


I also managed to get a crossing of the Wheatland Ferry. There was a veritable traffic jam there today. A full boat with several cars left on the ramp for several crossings. Not sure why all the traffic was there today.

I did manage to get my meeting attended, my 100 miles logged, and my niece's college grad reception attended.

Tomorrow looking for another 100 or more. Perhaps a ride out to the Gorge is in order. :-)

............BIKE............LIFECYCLE.....ROLLERS....TOTAL
Today......101................0.............0.........101
Jan........618...............0..............0.........618
Feb........692...............0..............0.........692
March......940...............0..............5.........940
April......934...............0..............0.........934
May........905...............0..............0.........905
June.......678...............0..............0.........678
_________________________________________
TOTAL.....4782...............0..............5.........4787

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.