Tuesday, June 15, 2010

RAAM

Sandy is over half way to Annapolis and the finish line of her epic adventure. When talking to her crew last evening they mentioned that Amy Xu had passed Sandy but they had gained a foot hold on Sandy's hydration and nutrition needs and thought she could catch Amy again.

Sure enough she did just that and at my recent check of standings Sandy has put about a half hour on Amy. Way to go Sandy!

I found some reports from the last day or so telling of the riders riding into 40 mph winds with gusts to 60. Today friends at work remarked "gee, I couldn't imagine doing that". I don't have to imagine, I have a bit of experience riding into wind like that.

What I did not have was the added excitement of lightning and golf ball size hail. The full moon over Death Valley was exciting enough thank you very much. ;-)

I am glad to see Sandy getting back into her groove.

Go Sandy Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.