Monday, June 28, 2010

Getting lucky

Fellow social bike group member Carol called today to rub it in that she was out riding on a beautiful afternoon while I was working. After much verbal sparring it was decided that if she was still riding, and I got off early, that I would join her. She told me that if I rode with her I'd get lucky.

And so it was that I found myself at Butteville late today with my bike ready to join Carol for the final miles of her ~65 mile ride.



It was a good ride. We rode at a social pace and with the exception of where we were riding right into a rather brisk breeze it was just like a walk in the park.

I did manage to roll over the 1100 mile for the month mark which was my goal for the day. I may get another evening ride in before the end of the month but I never am quite sure of my time availability until the last minute. It's been a good week of riding for me, I've been on the bike 6 days in a row. Some short, some long. Some hilly, some flat. Each and every ride has been great! July, August, and September coming up. I'm not likely going to be able to log the miles like I did last year but do hope to get at least 1000 miles each month.

Oh, and just to clarify, I did get lucky. Carol tells me that anytime I can ride with her I am lucky! ;-)


............BIKE............LIFECYCLE.....ROLLERS....TOTAL
Today.......15................0.............0..........15
Jan........618...............0..............0.........618
Feb........692...............0..............0.........692
March......940...............0..............5.........940
April......934...............0..............0.........934
May........905...............0..............0.........905
June......1111...............0..............0........1111
_________________________________________
TOTAL.....5215...............0..............5.........5220

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.