Sunday, June 20, 2010

Ridin' in the rain

It's June, we expect to get a little rain, a few rainy days from time to time, BUT NOT most every day for crying out loud!

I took off looking for 100 miles minimum today. It was raining very lightly but not all that cold when I began my ride this morning. I had my tyvek STP jacket on, arm and leg warmers, but no rain gear, no booties or wool socks. I rode into Portland then turned east towards the Gorge. The farther east I got the more rain I experienced. I wished I had put on my goretex socks or taken my booties along, but other than that I was dressed about right. In full rain gear I would have heated up on the climbs and been wet from the inside, so a little dampness was a fair trade off.

My ride from Portland was out Division to Gresham then northward to Stark then up the Historic Hwy to Hurlburt, then Louden, then Larch Mtn. After getting back to Portland it was a bit drier than it had been in the Gorge so I opted to meander a bit on the balance of my return to get a few more miles in. I ended up going through New Era then Canby, over the ferry, then out to Grahams Ferry Rd.

I ended up with 121 miles. Pretty easily too, a slower pace helped in that regard. Now if we could just get some sunshine!

............BIKE............LIFECYCLE.....ROLLERS....TOTAL
Today......121................0.............0.........121
Jan........618...............0..............0.........618
Feb........692...............0..............0.........692
March......940...............0..............5.........940
April......934...............0..............0.........934
May........905...............0..............0.........905
June.......799...............0..............0.........799
_________________________________________
TOTAL.....4903...............0..............5.........4908

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.