Tuesday, July 28, 2009

just like Death Valley

This morning at 8AM it was 79......I was thinking "gee, this is just like it was in Trona at 8AM when I went for a ride in Death Valley a few weeks ago." I listened to the forecast and they were predicting a high near 105, once again I thought "gee, that's within two degrees of how hot it was in Death Valley when I rode through Furnace Creek" I looked to the north and saw the Tualatin Mtns....and I think "gee, almost like Death Valley, except not nearly as long of pulls. After doing some painting for one of Mom's neighbors I hopped on the bike and rode for dem dar hills.
Almost like Death Valley, but the roads were a LOT smoother!

It was one of those days where I get a song stuck in my head and it just keeps playing. Today's stuck song was this, not a bad song if you've got to have a one song playlist!


I rode along Evergreen to Cornelius Pass Rd. I jumped across the Sunset Hwy then took the new roads through the industrial parks to West Union Rd
then turned left on Old Pass. Took a left on Old Cornelius Pass Rd, another left on
Rock Creek Rd and climbed that to Skyline. I took Logie Trail down to Hwy 30
and rode to Sauvie Island to utilize the convenience store there.
Jumped back on Hwy 30 and rode east to Newberry Rd and climbed back up to Skyline. I took Skyline
back to Old Cornelius Pass Rd and took that down to Phillips, then right to Shute Rd and back to Hillsboro.
I took it slow today. I was in no particular hurry, and it was hot. 98 when I got back at 1PM. 101 as I'm typing this at 2:15!

As I pedaled down Shute Rd I came across this:
Certainly a blast from the past. Both vehicles from the late 50's early 60's. Wasn't close enough to the operator to see his vintage! ;-)

The Garmin tells me 3585 feet of climbing, 40 miles, and 2604 calories burned. Oh, and a 13.9 mph average! Yup, took it easy today!



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
...............Road Bike.....LifeCycle.....Total Miles
Today............40...............0.................40
Jan total.......501.....+.........30.......=.......531
Feb total.......614.....+.........0........=.......614
March total.....860.....+.........0........=.......860
April total.....790.....+.........0........=.......790
May total.......901.....+.........0........=.......901
June total......543.....+.........0........=.......543
July total.....1197.....+.........0........=......1197
Year to date...5467.....+.........30.......=......5497
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.