Thursday, July 30, 2009

A surprisingly nice ride today!

I hopped on the bike this morning with only one goal in mind, to get 24 miles in and bring my monthly total to 1300 miles! I had no plan where to ride, I was just riding.
This is what I ended up doing:



I didn't bring a camera with me this morning since it "was just a short ride" and no plans to be anywhere scenic. Alas, I should have had it with me. The views from Tooze Rd and Ladd Hill Rd were stupendous! I'll try to get back out that way and get some photos in the near future.

The weather was cooler this morning than it has been and it was very comfortable riding. Even with the climbing early in the ride it wasn't all that bad. There was nearly 2100 ft of climbing on this trip and the majority of that came in the first half.

A good 26 mile ride, I'll have to put it on my "should do again" list!

UPDATE: 3PM

It was in the upper 90's as I twisted my niece's arm to go for a ride this afternoon. What finally got her on her bike was an offer by me to buy her a frozen treat if she'd ride to McDonalds with me. Yes, there are closer McD's but I wasn't buying unless she made it to the Tualatin McDonalds, about 6 miles away.



She made it....


....and I bought the frozen yogurt!



Add another 14 miles with 864 ft of climbing to my day's total




+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
...............Road Bike.....LifeCycle.....Total Miles
Today............30...............0.................30
Jan total.......501.....+.........30.......=.......531
Feb total.......614.....+.........0........=.......614
March total.....860.....+.........0........=.......860
April total.....790.....+.........0........=.......790
May total.......901.....+.........0........=.......901
June total......543.....+.........0........=.......543
July total.....1316.....+.........0........=......1316
Year to date...5586.....+.........30.......=......5616
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.