Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Not totally blue sky, but no rain yet, ..not so in Sacramento!

I've still got a few hours of busy work before I can get on the bike today......... remains to be seen whether I'll make it on the real bike or not.

In the meantime excitement builds for next weekend's trip north to Seattle and Bainbridge Island for Chilly Hilly! Over 4000 folks huffing and puffing up hills on bikes in raingear! Come join the fun. ;-)

Cascade Bicycle Club has a nifty little video of the ride,



I forgot to mention that I swapped in my "new" spare wheels for yesterday's ride. I picked up the Bontragger Select Aeros with 12-27 cogset for use as spare wheels when I ride Race Across Oregon in July. That gearing teamed with my 53-43-30 triple should give me a better chance of spinning up those hills of RAO. I figured the close proximity and hills of the Hagg Lake route would be a good chance to try them out, make sure shifts were smooth, wheels true, magnets in proper location, etc. They worked like a charm. I'm leaving them on for next weekend's Chilly Hilly.


Just received a link to live coverage of the Tour of California.
Check it out!

UPDATE:
Today's stage of the Tour of California has ended, but you can see the last few minutes of the action rebroadcast here The Tour of California stages continue daily through February 24th.




Ran out of daylight before I ran out of tasks........
so back to the gym.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

...............Road Bike.....LifeCycle.....Total Miles YTD
Today............0...............15
YTD............269.....+........591....=.........860

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.