Friday, December 19, 2014

Day 49

I had a trip to the library to make today.  I of course rode my bike.  When I got there I found that the library is closed on Friday.  Well, might as well go for a bike ride then. ;-)

I  just tootled around the neighborhood.  I just played around the steeper sections of Queen Anne.  There were some steep brick streets, and even some cobblestones reminding me of a race in Belgium,  de ronde van vlaanderen.



There  were many places where the terrain just got too steep for streets so stairs were in their place. Interspersed among the fancy old homes where some pretty nice viewpoints.

The Magnolia Bridge
Moving just a bit more counter-clockwise around Queen Anne gave me a good look at Smith Cove.


I pedaled a bit more through the neighborhood streets and alleys.  I got a good view across Elliot Bay out into Puget Sound.


I rode over the very top of Queen Anne.


Then dropped back down to an overlook on South Lake Union and downtown Seattle.  It is a bustling and happening place.  From where I took this photo I could see 16 of those big construction cranes.


I pedaled back to an spot where I could look over Lake Union, Gasworks Park, and Lake Washington.



While at this location I struck up a conversation with a couple of fellow tourists.  The guy was from Korea, and his lady friend lived in Vancouver BC.  We talked about the differences of the way bikes are mostly used in the U.S vs how they are used in Korea.  It was an interesting discussion.

The 49th consecutive day on the bike did not have many miles, but it had a lot of elevation gain! My maximum grade was 23%.

...........road bike..........rollers.........mtb..........lifecycle.......total Today............11...............0..............0...............0..............11 Jan.............710...............0..............0...............0............710
Feb............ 578...............0..............0...............0............578
March ..........701...............0..............0...............0............701
April...........749...............0..............0...............0............749
May.............613...............0..............0...............0............613
June............309...............0..............0...............0............309
July............615...............0..............0...............0............615
August..........359...............0..............0...............0............359
Sept............292...............0..............0...............0............292
Oct.............708...............0..............0...............0............708
Nov.............650...............0..............0...............0............650
Dec..............346.................0..............0...............0...........346 Total..........6522...............0..............0...............0...........6522

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.