Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Day 39, surprisingly dry!



The forecast called for heavy rains today in the Seattle area.  It was raining lightly this morning.  I had a few errands to run and took off during a lull in the rain about 10 AM.  A few drops fell as I descended the south side of Queen Anne.  I rolled all the way down to Mercer then followed that down to Elliot. The rain stopped, but I had a great tailwind as I took the lane all the way to Staples. I had a coupon for a ream of paper for the grand total of $0.01.  I had a few other computer related items to shop for while there.  As luck would have it, all they had was the paper.  I bought that and loaded it into my pannier, then continued downwind across the Ballard Bridge to Fred Meyer where I had more luck in finding the cables and adapters I was seeking. 

I loaded the newly purchased items, and since it wasn't raining, I turned toward the west along the Burke-Gilman Trail and rode out to Golden Gardens. 

I turned around and rode back to Fremont, then up Queen Anne the Kralik Way.


I was a good trip, much drier than expected.  It had not rained at all since the first couple miles.
Not bad at all for the 39th consecutive day on the bike!


...........road bike..........rollers.........mtb..........lifecycle.......total Today............22...............0..............0...............0..............22 Jan.............710...............0..............0...............0............710
Feb............ 578...............0..............0...............0............578
March ..........701...............0..............0...............0............701
April...........749...............0..............0...............0............749
May.............613...............0..............0...............0............613
June............309...............0..............0...............0............309
July............615...............0..............0...............0............615
August..........359...............0..............0...............0............359
Sept............292...............0..............0...............0............292
Oct.............708...............0..............0...............0............708
Nov.............650...............0..............0...............0............650
Dec..............153.................0..............0...............0.............153 Total..........6339...............0..............0...............0...........6339

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.