Friday, December 12, 2014

Day 42- 3 Lakes

I started this riding every day lunacy on November 1st, when I was joined by people from Ohio to New Zealand in a #ridingeverydayinNovember challenge. While most of the participants rode in snow, freezing temperatures, high winds, and other conditions typical of November, I lucked out and had a remarkably easy time.  I felt guilty.  So when December came, I kept riding, hoping for forgiveness.  I'm not sure how long I'll keep it up.  Maybe 60 consecutive days on the bike would be a worthy goal...........since it matches an upcoming milestone birthday.  :-(

Today made 42 consecutive days on the bike.  It was a nice day.  I would have ridden my carbon bike if I had it with me, but alas.  The rain bike would have to do. I started off at 1PM, late given the short daylight hours this time of year. I'd have about 3.5 hours before I'd have to run lights.

I rode down Queen Anne to the bank to take care of some business then kept going out the Burke-Gilman Trail. I was along the shore of Lake Union almost immediately.

 It was beautiful weather, I pedaled along enjoying the day.  I rode for a good distance along the shore of Lake Washington with a tailwind.   Near the end of the B-G  I rode through  this brightly painted tunnel.


Having reached the end of the Burke-Gilman Trail I got on the Sammamish River Trail and rode along the Sammamish River.


 I continued to follow it out to Red Hook Brewery. The brewery is an impressive building but even more photogenic to me were the geese on the flat ground next to the outflow of  Lake Sammamish.


I checked my mileage and the time.  If I turned around now I'd get an even 50 miles, if I continued on to get a good look at Lake Sammamish I'd be assured of riding in the dark to get back to Queen Anne.  I had my lights along, but figured 50 miles was a nice round number.

I turned around and pedaled.  About 10 miles into my return I recognized friend Claire P pedaling toward me with just enough time to call out as we passed.  I heard an acknowledgement as we each sped along in opposite directions.

When I got back as far as the University of Washington I'd have to exit the trail and ride on streets. I took that opportunity to put on my lights.  I completed the detour and rejoined the B-G Trail.  In short order I was back in Fremont.  I rolled across the Fremont Bridge then climbed the nearly 500 ft back up Queen Anne via the Kralik Way.

 
...........road bike..........rollers.........mtb..........lifecycle.......total Today............50...............0..............0...............0..............50 Jan.............710...............0..............0...............0............710
Feb............ 578...............0..............0...............0............578
March ..........701...............0..............0...............0............701
April...........749...............0..............0...............0............749
May.............613...............0..............0...............0............613
June............309...............0..............0...............0............309
July............615...............0..............0...............0............615
August..........359...............0..............0...............0............359
Sept............292...............0..............0...............0............292
Oct.............708...............0..............0...............0............708
Nov.............650...............0..............0...............0............650
Dec..............225.................0..............0...............0.............225 Total..........6411...............0..............0...............0...........6411

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.