Thursday, December 11, 2014

Day 41, the Calm Before the Storm?

I spent most of the day doing some work on the computer, listening to rain fall on the roof.  By mid afternoon the rain tapered off. Friends were reporting high winds all the way from San Diego through Reno/Tahoe and up the Willamette Valley. The National Weather Service said it would reach Seattle shortly.  I decided that if I were going to get on a bike I had better get going.

As I pedaled out I noted a bright rainbow.  It was a full arch with just an occasional hint of a second rainbow.


I continued on a zig zag course down the south side of Queen Anne, avoiding the steepest pitches, and roughest cobblestones/bricks.  I stopped at Dick's Drive-in for a chocolate shake .....and a small order of fries. ;-)

I continued down Mercer St to Elliot then as the sun got lower in the sky I started up Dravus.  I shifted into my low gear and winched myself up the hill.  In a few places stairways where the most direct route up this steep hillside.

When I got to 10th I was back on the pedals.  I worked my way over to Prospect and got this photo of the Space Needle as the sun set.


As I was taking this photo, friend Eric S took this great shot from West Seattle.  I would have been just off the left side of his photo.


It looks like I may have got back just in the nick of time.  The 41st consecutive day on the bike was a success!

...........road bike..........rollers.........mtb..........lifecycle.......total Today.............9...............0..............0...............0...............9 Jan.............710...............0..............0...............0............710
Feb............ 578...............0..............0...............0............578
March ..........701...............0..............0...............0............701
April...........749...............0..............0...............0............749
May.............613...............0..............0...............0............613
June............309...............0..............0...............0............309
July............615...............0..............0...............0............615
August..........359...............0..............0...............0............359
Sept............292...............0..............0...............0............292
Oct.............708...............0..............0...............0............708
Nov.............650...............0..............0...............0............650
Dec..............175.................0..............0...............0.............175 Total..........6361...............0..............0...............0...........6361

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.