Monday, December 8, 2014

Day 38- dry, and then there was rain.

Today I biked to Costco via the US Post Office and back.

The temperatures were in the mid 50's and winds were light as I pedaled out just after 10 AM.  The late start was due in part to the time necessary to determine whether I needed a new laptop or not.
It was a nice ride out.  My mapping program sent me along Seattle's waterfront as I pedaled south.


I made a stop at the Post Office on S 4th to drop a small gift in the mail.  I also stopped for a quick bite to eat. I rode the remaining short distance to Costco where I checked on the details of a recent purchase, and picked out a new laptop.

I loaded it into my pannier and stepped outside, to see that the warm dry weather of my ride to Costco, would be replaced by a warm wet ride back to Queen Anne.  At least I'd have a tail wind.
2 hours after I took the first photos, I took this one from the same location.


While it was raining, I had my rain coat along, and it was warm.  I decided to take the longer way back.  Rather than steep busy streets with wet slick pavement, I decided that multi-use paths and less steep sleepy residential streets with slick pavement would be worth the 7 extra miles.  I traveled from the south side of Queen Anne around the west side to the north side and climbed up via the Kralik Way.

...........road bike..........rollers.........mtb..........lifecycle.......total Today............21...............0..............0...............0..............21 Jan.............710...............0..............0...............0............710
Feb............ 578...............0..............0...............0............578
March ..........701...............0..............0...............0............701
April...........749...............0..............0...............0............749
May.............613...............0..............0...............0............613
June............309...............0..............0...............0............309
July............615...............0..............0...............0............615
August..........359...............0..............0...............0............359
Sept............292...............0..............0...............0............292
Oct.............708...............0..............0...............0............708
Nov.............650...............0..............0...............0............650
Dec..............131.................0..............0...............0.............131 Total..........6317...............0..............0...............0...........6317

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.