Sunday, February 2, 2014

A not so recovery ride

Despite my less than stellar performance yesterday I was tired last night following the ride.  I thought a nice easy pedal out Springwater Corridor today would be a good recovery ride. I put out a feeler on Facebook for other non-footballaholics to join me on a repeat of the ride from two days ago.   Hard Core Ken nibbled.

I started out from Sellwood Riverfront Park on my fixie and headed east.  Ken lives out near I-205 and pedaled from his home toward me.  We met near the bridge that crosses Hwy 99E.  He turned around and we continued to Boring.  Ken rode a relaxed pace for him, 16-17 mph, and on my fixie it was all I could do to hang on.  Being an abandonned railroad right of way, the grades are minimal, but when we were going "up" I couldn't hold on, on the "downs" I could.  He was tolerant of my slowness.  We arrived at the Boring terminus, and took this photo before turning back around.


Unlike the rides I do in Seattle, there was no "coffee stop" at our midway point.  We just rode back.

The elevation profile shows that there is more "down" than "up" on the return trip.  I appreciated that, as I was better able to hold a decent pace.

It was an even more beautiful day than yesterday.  Less morning clouds for sure, though maybe a bit cooler. There is some really cold weather predicted for the end of the week.  Maybe it was that prospect, or that folks wanted to get out and enjoy the sun before a football game rumored to be televised in the afternoon , but the trail was crowded with bikes and walkers.  They all were attentive to our "on your left" notices, and we moved through reasonably well.

It was a good day, but not the laid back recovery ride I had thought about. 

Tomorrow I go out and get my tail kicked again.  What fun!

 ..............road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle........total
Today..............38...........0................0............0.............38 Jan.................710..............0...............0.........0.............710
Feb.................97..............0...............0...........0..............97
Total.............807.............0...............0..........0..............807


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.