Thursday, February 27, 2014

Perfect Timing

Yesterday was a gorgeous day.  A bit of wind in the Portland area due to east winds in the Columbia Gorge, but mostly sunny skies and reasonable temperatures.  Unfortunately, I didn't have time to ride a bike. Tomorrow is predicted to be nice as well.   Today was 38 and raining as I started out.  My friend Carol joined me with perfect timing to see if we could adhere to Rule #9.

Our plan was to ride Portland's 40 Mile Loop.  My Randonneur friends like to say that there is no such thing as bad weather, just poor clothing choices.  Carol had tire issues as well.  There is very little worse than having multiple tire problems during a cold, rainy ride. I was riding my fixie so had little along that could help with her Presta tube, as my fixie has Schrader valves.  Before we made it half way around Carol decided to pull the plug for today. Luckily she had an adapter for her Presta stem so we could use my pump to add air from time to time.  She had little interest in patching the tube. We turned around and pedaled back toward Riverside Park.


It had rained nonstop so far, but as we got back to Riverside Park to her vehicle, the rain stopped.  Carol loaded her bike and headed for home. I was warm and comfortable so I turned east to ride the Springwater Corridor to Gresham in search of more miles.  I had left home planning on a 40 mile ride and had just under 30 miles.  The weather was the nicest I'd seen all day. Certainly you understand. ;-)


Any day on a bike is a good day, though it might have been "less good" than if I had biked yesterday.

 ............road bike..........rollers........mtb.........lifecycle....total
Today..........58................0..............0...............0............58 Jan.............710................0..............0...............0...........710
Feb........... 562...............0..............0...............0............562 Total..........1272...............0..............0...............0...........1272

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.