Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A fixie as transportation

I had a whole slew of home chores to catch up on.  The usual, clothes dryer that didn't heat, a tractor that needed protection against the elements, a bike that got a new handlebar.  Oh, that last thing, yup, last weekend in Seattle I attended Bike Swap and picked up a new stem and bullhorn handlebars for the fixed gear bike.  On longer rides I noted that the original one had the wrong curve for me and caused elbow pain.

Last night I swapped the handlebars in, but it is slightly larger diameter, and I needed longer bolts to attach the brake levers.  Today I rode the fixie to the hardware store to get slightly longer stainless steel bolts.  Last night while removing the speedometer, I damaged the wires. (low light and paying more attention to the Olympics than to the job at hand)  I also rode to Fred Meyer and got another cheapo speedo.  I mounted it, and did another loop into town for lunch, and to check the calibration of the new speedometer against the Garmin GPS.

It was cloudy, but not raining.  The temperature was in the low 50's.  Pretty darn balmy!  There was still a lot of snow in the landscape and road edge, but the lanes were clear.

I was out in Forest Grove tonight for a meeting, there is a LOT more roadside snow there!

 ............road bike..........rollers........mtb.........lifecycle....total
Today...........7................0..............0...............0............,7 Jan.............710................0..............0...............0...........710
Feb........... 240...............0..............0...............0............240
Total...........950...............0..............0...............0............950

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.