Thursday, February 28, 2013

Lowering Goals

 In the not too distant past it would have been unheard of for me to not bike at least 500 miles in a month, and for most of the year I'd expect to ride 1000 miles or more in a month.  Not this year.  Today is the last day of February and I've got a year to date 504 miles.  I've ridden farther than that in 48 hours! :-O

The day started out with some jobs to do.  I took off with  pruning shears and materials to build a grape arbor.  I also brought my bike, thinking that if all went well I'd get time to ride 25-30 miles.  The significance of that distance was that I'd roll over 400 miles for the month, and 500 for the year thus far.  Far from being anything to crow about, I just couldn't stand to not get those milestones, as puny as they were.

I finished up my duties and hopped on the bike.  I rode a portion of my birthday ride route from earlier in the month.  There were a few sprinkles around today, but not while I rode.  A side note, depending on how the weather goes for the next few hours, we are likely to record the 4th driest February on record. It's not that we've had a lot of dry days,  we had measurable rain on well over half the days, but never any truly rainy days.  Most days had in the neighborhood of 0.01"-0.05".  Just drizzle.  Certainly the weather did not play a factor in my low mileage.

Here's the route I rode today.



As King George II said, "mission accomplished".  Big deal.

...........road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total Today.............29..............0.............0..........0..............29 Jan..................93..............0..............0.........0.............93 Feb................411..............0..............0.........0............411 Total..............504.............0..............0.........0.............504

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.