Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Caroling by Bike, Part 2

8 members of the social bike group gathered to sing a few Christmas songs to some Portland residents while using bikes to move from place to place.

We started off from the Steel Bridge and went south on the Eastbank Esplanade.

Butts on Bikes rides Portland's East Bank... by Desert_Coyote
(my first attempt at GoPro video, yup, should have had all the extraneous stuff edited out, but until I figure that all out what I saw is what you get!)DRAT! The jerkiness of the video comes from the hosting site, the raw video is as smooth as butter. Further tweeking required!

Art became our wagon master and determined our route. Chris had created little song books for the group. All I had to do was ride my bike and pretend to sing at a few brightly lit homes. ;-)

The folks in the homes we sang at were very appreciative. Our little group scored cookies, candy, and even some dry fig infused bourbon from grateful residents!

It was a cold night, with frost around, but we were, for the most part, prepared for the weather.

Following the ride we gathered at a local watering hole for warm food and drink.



It was a good night to be on a bike and nice to have good friends join in the fun.
Oh, and following The Merry's comment below I figured I should direct you to the first Christmas Caroling event. You can find it HERE.

.........road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total
Today........14..............0.............0..........0..........14
Jan.........474..............0............21..........7.........502
Feb.........530..............0.............0..........0.........530
March.......502..............0.............0..........0.........502
April.......524..............0.............0..........0.........524
May........1003..............0.............0..........0........1003
June.......1016..............0............10..........0........1026
July.......1148..............0.............0..........0........1148
August.....1049..............0.............0..........0........1049
Sept.......1153..............0............50..........0........1213
Oct.........881..............0.............0.........20.........901
Nov........1012..............0.............0.........20........1032
Dec.........725..............0.............0..........0.........725
YTD........9938..............0............87.........47.......10062

1 comment:

  1. I understand about the 'insert picture here' part, but what puzzles me is the "Part 2" part of the title. I don't, y'know, see anything titled "Part 1."
    Do I have to clap my hands three times and BeLieve (as opposed to believe) before I can see Part 1, or should I just accept that I am not one of the Enlightened? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.