Friday, September 18, 2009

Some hills then some fast flat!

I started off mid afternoon with a ride from near US 26 and Cornelius Pass Road and rode out to Jackson School Rd via the Snoozeville Populaire route. From there I climbed up Mason Hill Rd then down Jackson Quarry Rd to Helvetia Rd, then up Logie Trail to Skyline before taking Rock Creek Rd back down to Old Cornelius Pass Rd and returning to my starting point.........where Carol joined me for a flat and fast ride out Evergreen Rd eventually reaching Forest Grove. We tootled around the residential streets of Forest Grove and Cornelius in an effort to stay off TV Highway as long as possible. We finally jumped on that and rode into Hillsboro then skirted along secondary roads before returning to our starting point. Carol had hoped I'd be tired after riding the hills .........ha! I tried to keep it below 20... did pretty well, but at times the speedo would creep up a bit. She kept up pretty well. I had lights on as we rode the last 8-10 miles and finally with a rabbit out in front of me, a tailwind behind me, and the buttery smooth Evergreen Rd under me I got on the pedals. I held a minimum of 25 mph for the 5 mile run on Evergreen. I passed the rabbit, and dropped Carol. The rabbit told Carol, "your friend left you for dead". Gee, didn't mean to. ;-)

Tomorrow I will finally get out of this 50-60 mile slump I'm in. Frank and I will be riding the Cherry Ride route out of The Dalles. We will be seeking dry weather, and Frank's first century! What a century to tackle first, SIGNIFICANT climbing! Tune in tomorrow for a report.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
...............Road Bike.....LifeCycle.....Total Miles
Today............58...............0.................58
Jan total.......501.....+.........30.......=.......531
Feb total.......614.....+.........0........=.......614
March total.....860.....+.........0........=.......860
April total.....790.....+.........0........=.......790
May total.......901.....+.........0........=.......901
June total......543.....+.........0........=.......543
July total.....1322.....+.........0........=......1322
August total...1603.....+.........0........=......1603
Sept total.....1002.....+.........0........=......1002
Year to date...8185.....+.........30.......=......8215
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.