Tuesday, September 29, 2009

1 day to go

My crew and I leave for Santa Clarita and the Furnace Creek 508 tomorrow night. I spent today chasing last minute details and bringing my bike to my LBS, Olson's Bicycles in Forest Grove. Mike Olson chased down the creaking sound that has been hounding me on and off for weeks. At first it was assembly issues with loose chainrings, loose rear derailleur, poor bottom bracket fit, Performance Bicycles fixed those issues under warranty. My Zipp wheels weren't covered under that so I went to Olson's and the wheel bearings got replaced. (they needed it) Today the rear hub got taken apart, cleaned, and re-lubed. I took the bike out tonight just before dark to give it a test spin...it passed the test!.....and attempt to get 6 miles to break the 1400 mile mark for the month. When the month started I had almost certain dreams of logging 2000 miles. Little did I know just how much time would be spent on Furnace Creek preparations. I also had a splattering of meetings to attend, but the business of preparing the support vehicle and race planning consumed the majority of my time.

Oh well, there's no award for getting 2000 miles in a month. It just would have been a nice feather in the helmet.........and put me just that much closer to riding more miles than Joanne and Cecil Anne!


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
...............Road Bike.....LifeCycle.....Total Miles
Today.............6...............0..................6
Jan total.......501.....+.........30.......=.......531
Feb total.......614.....+.........0........=.......614
March total.....860.....+.........0........=.......860
April total.....790.....+.........0........=.......790
May total.......901.....+.........0........=.......901
June total......543.....+.........0........=.......543
July total.....1322.....+.........0........=......1322
August total...1603.....+.........0........=......1603
Sept total.....1401.....+.........0........=......1401
Year to date...8584.....+.........30.......=......8614
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.